Thursday, February 8, 2007

Joanna's Tamale Pie

I followed the recipe exactly. It fills the 13x9 dish perfectly. I used the Joanna's TVP taco meat for the meat, black beans and corn for the filling and Joanna's Nacho Sauce on top. I garnished with Avocado. Honestly, I really wanted this to be better than it was. It tasted good, and made the house smell GREAT, but it was a lot of work for just me. I would probably make this again, if I was going to a pot luck or having people for dinner, but since I am the only vegan in my house hold, it was a lot of food. I have enough leftover to have a whole week's worth of lunches! Is the crust supposed to get hard? Mine didn't.

Here are the Nutritional stats based on how I made it:
8 svgs, per serving:459.5 Calories, 10.68 gr fat, 73.62 gr carb, 18.52 gr fiber, 24.47 gr protein.
I also garnished with Joanna's Tangy Sour Cream, but didn't add that to the nutritional facts.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments:

2012 Copyright/Permissions/Disclaimers

All recipes written by me, Joni Marie Newman, unless otherwise noted. Please feel free to refer to or link back to any of my recipes, but please ask for permission, and remember to give credit when reprinting recipes in their entirety. I do provide links to affiliate programs (such as Amazon) in which I receive a small commission for items purchased. I do not provide paid reviews. All reviews done on products or books are of my own unsolicited opinion. On occasion I may receive a book or product to review. I will note when this is the case, but rest assured, it will not affect the authenticity of my review. Thanks!--Joni