Sunday, April 22, 2007

Basic Chocolate Cuppers with Peanut Butter Cream Cheeze Frosting, Chocolate Chips and Caramel Sauce

Oh my. This frosting was so delicous, I almost didn't need the cupcakes. Almost.





I used the Basic Chocolate Cupcake recipe from VCTOTW but I only had rice milk, no soy. When I added the apple cider vinegar to the rice milk, it didn't curldle. So, I added a little Ener-G Egg Replacer, just in case. The actual cupcakes came out perfect. Just spongy enough, and light but still moist.

But the frosting. Oh, the frosting. I used a whole tub of Tofutti Better than Cream Cheese mixed with 1 cup of creamy peanut butter, 1/4 cup of earth balance, 1 tspn vanilla and a little more than 2 cups of powdered sugar. I could have eaten this for dinner. With a spoon.

But to make it even better, I added chocolate chips, and then drizzled them with a "caramel" sauce made of brown sugar, Silk Soy Creamer and Earth Balance, I didn't really measure this stuff, I just mixed it up until it seemed right. If I had to guess, I would have to say it was about 1/4 or 1/3 cup EB, 1 cup brown sugar and about 1/3 cup creamer. I melted the EB and brown sugar together in a sauce pan, then added the creamer. I brought it to a slow boil and then reduced the heat and kept it cooking until the sugar was completedly liquid (no graininess) and then I removed it from the heat. Let it cool, and then drizzled it over the cupcakes.

GOOD NEWS! There is still a lot of frosting and sauce left over. Probably enough for another batch of cuppers. Sadly, I'll probably just inhale it all before I get a chance to make another dozen.

No comments:

2012 Copyright/Permissions/Disclaimers

All recipes written by me, Joni Marie Newman, unless otherwise noted. Please feel free to refer to or link back to any of my recipes, but please ask for permission, and remember to give credit when reprinting recipes in their entirety. I do provide links to affiliate programs (such as Amazon) in which I receive a small commission for items purchased. I do not provide paid reviews. All reviews done on products or books are of my own unsolicited opinion. On occasion I may receive a book or product to review. I will note when this is the case, but rest assured, it will not affect the authenticity of my review. Thanks!--Joni