Monday, October 12, 2009

Garlic Puff Twists



Inspired by Barry's Bakery French Twists (The Original Flavor, which in my opinion is like crack in a tub, I mean, seriously, I could eat them all in one sitting!) we decided to make a savory version of these to go along with dinner tonight.

Start off with a package of frozen puff pastry dough, thawed according to package instructions. Cut the sheet into strips about 1" wide by 4"-5" long.



Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment or Silpat. Twist each strip a time or two and lie onto the sheet. Repeat with the remaining strips.

In a small bowl, melt about 1/4 cup of Earth Balance mixed with some garlic powder, paprika, a little salt and some dried basil. Brush each twist liberally with the melted butter mixture.



Bake at 400 degrees F for about 15-20 minutes until golden and flaky.

10 comments:

kmouse said...

Holy crap! Amazing idea and so simple too!

Michelle said...

YUM! and so easy too

Michelle said...

those look sooo good!! I never could make good garlic twists, but now I can!! yay!

Kip said...

I've got a sheet of puff pastry just dying to be used, so I think you just sketched out today's lunch :) I'm also thinking cinnamon mmmmm.

Jen Treehugger said...

yummy yummy yummy - they look awesome.

Vegan Chubosaurus said...

Ohhhh sweet deliciousness! This made my mouth water, even though it's 6:45 in the morning here.

dreaminitvegan said...

I'm making pasta next time company comes just so I can makes these.

Actually these might go good with a soup too.

radioactivegan said...

Is it sad that I think those look fancy? I'm definitely trying it next time I have some puff pastry dough around :)

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

I squeeled when I saw that last picture! Puffy pastry garlicky goodness!

bazu said...

AMAZING. I'm a sucker for your stuff, J!

2012 Copyright/Permissions/Disclaimers

All recipes written by me, Joni Marie Newman, unless otherwise noted. Please feel free to refer to or link back to any of my recipes, but please ask for permission, and remember to give credit when reprinting recipes in their entirety. I do provide links to affiliate programs (such as Amazon) in which I receive a small commission for items purchased. I do not provide paid reviews. All reviews done on products or books are of my own unsolicited opinion. On occasion I may receive a book or product to review. I will note when this is the case, but rest assured, it will not affect the authenticity of my review. Thanks!--Joni